- Maintain Proper Perspective about Finance/Money
- God is more important than money (Proverbs 15:16)
- Wealth is fleeting (Proverbs 23: 4 – 5)
- God will provide (Mathew 6: 25 – 34)
- Provide for Your Own
- Your immediate family (I Timothy 5:8)
- Your aging parents (Mathew 15:4 – 6)
- Avoid Debt
- Repay what you owe (Psalms 37:21)
- Don’t co-sign for others (Proverbs 17:18)
- Debt enslaves the family (Proverbs 22:7)
- Save for the Future
- Save for short-range needs (Proverbs 30:25)
- Save for long-range needs (Proverbs 21:20)
- Future generations (Proverbs 13:22)
But, in HOW TO BECOME A MENTAL MILLIONAIRE By J, Martin Kohe and Judith Williamson, the authors said:
Saving money for the future is an old psychology, rather:
- Save money for going into possible business for yourself.
- Save money for buying/building a home.
- Save money for travelling (it is a part of education).
- Save money for further education.
- Save money for interesting experiences (pleasures) in later years.
Note this: Wealth creation is a process that takes time. Don’t rush through it. Learn to love the process. Cherish every experience. The path to financial freedom is one of the most exciting tough journeys you’ll be making in your lifetime. ~ Clarice