You need to help many thirsty souls out there, by making them have easy access to your writings.
Many bloggers call themselves authors, when I read their posts. Are their blogs published books? Our blogs are just bundles of published posts, most times, different topics here and there – just an organized diary. Organized pieces of information that may not be coherent!
Only few bloggers think of the end from the beginning: Those that have their blogs in form of memoirs; those that are episodic in nature; those that are fictional writers. They blog coherently, publishing their posts scene by scene, or chapter by chapter. They are blogging, having it in mind, they are going to publish the book one day. Some have enough award winning poetic thoughts on their blog, without doing anything about it. I read, and re-read many of them. Do you know the numbers of those people that are yet to read your blog are still many?
I understand you that you are not after money, fine! But many people have to benefits from your writings, how would they have access to it? As popular as your blog is, do you know that many bloggers have not even heard of it, not to talk of non-bloggers, and people that don’t have enough time for browsing and surfing the net? You have to help them, by taking all these quality and beneficial writings to them; and this can only be done by publishing your book.
Every adventure in life is tasking, so also is publishing, there are many steps ahead to undergo. If you want to publish your book, it will definitely be tasking; a lot of energy and money would be put into it; don’t mind that, just help people that need the information you are sharing, by helping them have access to it.
Your ‘published posts’ is not the same as published books. Your blog is not a book, though both are published, they are not the same:
- All your published posts may not be coherent, while information in a book is coherent.
- Books are first and fully edited before publishing while posts are not fully edited before publishing (they may be half-way edited).
You are not an author yet, though you are a writer, and of course a blogger, but you can easily graduate to become an author.
What You Need to Do to Become an Author
- Sit down and package your blog into a book: This is not because of money alone, but many people at one point or the other will need the information from your blog for the betterment of their lives.
- Publish it traditionally or online: Many bloggers know more than I do, when it comes to Online Publishing, but they are not taking action. You need to take action to help those that need the information you keep to your blog alone.
The Pointers to the Fact that You will be a Successful Author
- Some people spend more than five minutes on your blog.
- You have already undergone some parts of the process: editing, marketing, etc.
- You already have followers that receive your post every time you publish.
- The likes, comments, reblogs, pingbacks, etc. are telling you some other people need to read your blog.
- There are ardent followers that are waiting for your books.
Be tenacious in writing and posting everyday, and convert them to digital or print books!
Copyright © 2017 Peter F. Adewumi