First and foremost, there are lessons I learned about blogging from three (3) bloggers. The pronounced out of all the three is Ivana.
Many people believe that there is no gain in blogging, until it is monetized. This is a blatant lie. There are many things you stand to gain, which can later culminate to financial gain.
What you stand to gain if you start a blog is as follows:
- You interact with and learn from others.
- You learn many things from the internet.
- You will learn technical detailing.
- You learn how to keep your own websites.
- You learn graphic design and how to use some programs.
- You will improve your writing skills.
- You will learn more about social networks.
- You will learn photo skills.
- You will learn communication links.
- You will learn better management skills.
- You learn how to develop ideas and creative thinking.
- You will not only become a good writer but also a good marketer.
- The blog serves as your online portfolio with which you can present to the world in the best way.
Now, my 10 facts about a blog:
- A blog is a platform for international learning/teaching: It is an avenue to have access to opinions about a topic or an issue from all parts of the world. Different perspectives about an on-going issue help people to learn better.
- A blog is a platform for inter-cultural relation: It is an avenue to relate with people of different background, different language, and different culture. You will always meet people from all over the world.
- A blog is a platform for information dissemination: Based on the fact that you meet people across five continents, you have to possess an international mentality so that the information you want to share will be relevant. A blog keeps you abreast of new developments on issues.
- A blog prevents boredom and loneliness when you are alone: A blog is a platform where you open up your mind; it is not a good thing to be thinking continuously without putting anything down. It allows you to think on paper. A blog allows you to voice out what goes on in your mind without talking.
- A blog gives room for productive thinking: When you think, and there is something to show for it, that is a productive thinking, but when you think while you and others could not see the result, it is a wasted effort.
- A blog prevents senility: The same way a consistent and moderate physical exercise helps us to be strong physically, a blog serves as an open field to exercise our brain in order to keep fit mentally
- A blog serves as an avenue for meeting people that you would never have met: There are many people that you would never have met, even if they are all on social platforms. Besides, a blog allows you to have a better glimpse into the life of people before you connect with or follow them.
- A blog is a platform for getting feedback on your whole personality: Whether you know or not, your writings present part of who you are. Therefore, the comments on your blog most times will help in shaping your perspectives about life and your whole personality.
- A blog is a platform for voicing out your bottled ideas: whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. Unlike in real life where the extroverts may not give enough room for the introverts. Having a blog gives you enough room to express yourself without any disturbance.
Note: Be on the lookout for a detailed researched post on “Introvert Vs Extrovert”
10. A blog is like a panorama: A wide picture that is being unfolded gradually in front of the onlookers. You never knew what it may grow to become.
Therefore when you start a blog, be a paragon, be an example of excellence in what you write and what you do. You have to sit down survey, study, and plan before you move out because you are about to present yourself to the whole world. If I am given an opportunity to re-start my blog, there are many things I would have done differently.
What do you think a blog is? I want to read and learn from you. Thanks!
© 2017 Peter F. Adewumi