I read about “How to Grow Your Blog Traffic” in a particular book, I’m not sure whether the author is Joanna Penn, Dave Schneider, Yaro Starak, or Robert Lee Brewer, the Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community. Summarily, what I gained is what every blogger has already known; to grow your blog traffic:
- Leave comments on a handful of blogs related to your own.
- Participate in two forums about similar topics to your blog.
- Write guest articles for other blogs and websites.
- Network with a handful of bloggers in your industry, who were leaders or on their way to becoming leaders.
- Write new blog posts, if possible everyday.
- Start a podcast; releasing audio content to go with your articles.
What I’m really driving at in this post is not how to grow your blog traffic, but one thing that matters most in growing a blog. If the points listed above are critically analyzed, you will see that out of the six points, four is related to COMMUNITY, while the remaining two is related to CONTENT.
A community is very important, even in real life (offline), you cannot live alone and succeed, you cannot live alone and live long. There is this slogan of Liverpool Football Club that says, “You’ll Never Work Alone.” “If you want to go fast, go alone; but if you want to go far, go with others.”
There are sometimes isolation is purposefully required. An instance is when somebody is just recovering from ill-health, may be from a particular sickness. Meanwhile, isolation is detrimental to healthy growth in many areas most times.
Community building is the key component in growing a blog. You have to encourage comments on your blog, and if possible, respond immediately to every comment left on your site. One pulley (a driver pulley) cannot transfer power to the other pulley (a driven pulley) without a belt (a CAROUSEL). For a healthy community, recognition has to be given to those met on ground, for anyone to be accepted into the community, if you want to live and do it alone, they will count such to be with Palsy or Leprosy. If you want to grow your blog:
- Follow the leaders first, don’t expect them to follow you first no matter how intelligent you think you are.
- Visit their blogs and relate to them in form of comments.
- Be humble enough to contact them, if there is a need, may be as a guest blogger or to make clarification concerning some matters.
- I contacted a blogger when I was setting up my site concerning a particular customization.
- I contacted many sites when I first started to be a guest author before I got two invites.
A Sign of a Healthy Blog
To know that your blog is growing healthily, you will have good numbers of comments on your blogs.
I am not saying Content and Consistency are not important, but to me the most important of all the 3 C’s of Blogging (Content, Consistency, and Community) is Community.
What is your own view? I am looking forward to reading your contribution in form of comment. Thanks.
Further resources and Readings on this Topic.
If you have a question you’ll like me or any of the expert readers to answer, you can use the Comment Box or “Contact Me” above for privacy. Please include your name, your blog name (if you have a blog), and then ask your question.
© 2017 Peter F. Adewumi
Photo Credit: Pixabay and Google Image Search
If you are impacted with this write-up, get any of these five books for more proven Success Tips. Thanks a lot.