Part 1 of this series was an introductory part. In this part, the history of the Liebster Award is going to be delved into in details. The general questions that will be treated under each award will be:
- Who started the award, when, and where?
- Condition(s) attached?
- Rules of the Award?
- What’s in it for the winner?
Firstly, blog awards can be defined as awards of the bloggers created by bloggers and for bloggers. It, therefore, means that blog awards can only be found on the internet for those that have (a) blog(s)/website(s).
“All the blog awards are created, maintained, and handed out by bloggers. Bloggers started them as a way to recognize other bloggers, and the blogging community perpetuates them by continuing to hand them out.”
Blog awards can be general like Liebster Award, Versatile Award, etc. It can also be in specific like Food Lover Blog Award, Uk Blog Awards, Irish Blog Awards, Kenyan Blog Awards, Allergy Blog Awards UK, etc.
The History of the Liebster Award
The word ‘Liebster’ has a German origin. It has several definitions like dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, lovely, dearest, beloved, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Who started the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award was started by Global Aussie (theglobalaussie.com) in 2011. The blog is all about information for some specific travelers. Some of its content is about “Helping Australians move aboard.”
Condition for the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award can only be given to new blogs/bloggers and/or those blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It started in the city of LA (Los Angeles), California, USA (California is the most populous state in America – Wikipedia).
There are rules for all blog awards, and all these rules come with a little responsibility attached for any blogger that is being nominated for the award. When you are nominated, automatically, you have been given the award. Now the rules;
- Thank the person/blog who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog. This can be done by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget. (Note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog/post).
- Answer the 10 questions (it started with 5 questions) about yourself that your nominating blogger sets for you.
- Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, by the impact of its contents.
- Create your own 10 questions (some awards repeat the same questions) for your nominated bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been given an award by commenting on one of their posts, and adding a link to the post in your comment.
What’s In the Liebster Award for the Winner?
Blogging is a hard work, and you need some forms of motivation to keep you moving, internal motivation may be there, but what about external ones? Different forms the external motivation can come include visiting your site, reading and liking your posts, commenting on your posts, sharing your posts, and blog awards.
The Liebster Award is a cute and fun way to discover new blogs, make blogger friends, and spread the love in the community. It helps a lot when you are just beginning the journey of blogging. It’s a good thing to be recognized, many people are dying out there to be recognized.
Its Logo has metamorphosized over time
Note this: If you have been nominated, you have won the award!
Further Resources and Readings on this Topic:
If you have a question you’ll like me or any of the expert readers to answer, you can use the Comment Box or “Contact Me” above for privacy. Please include your name, your blog name (if you have a blog), and then ask your question.
© 2017 Peter F. Adewumi
Photo Credit: Pixabay and Google Image Search
If you are impacted by this write-up, get any of these five books for more proven Success Tips. Thanks a lot.