Relevance is one of the most important aspects of life. It’s all about having impact – affecting people’s life positively. One of the reasons many people commit suicide is because they see themselves as irrelevant in and to life. Know this, that if you lose your relevance, you may not advance. In order to remain relevant throughout your life, imbibe the following six applicable principles to life.
- Don’t see yourself great, let others do: At any moment you see yourself as great, that is the moment you start diminishing. Every level of greatness you are is a transition stage to another level of greatness. Let your achievements and impacts announce you, don’t let your mouth do. Well, others’ mouths are permitted to do so.
- Be up to the task: Never assume you have done enough! No matter how great you are, continue to prepare yourself for any opportunity that can make you greater. Greatness is never ending until you end it yourself. Nobody is empowered to put a halt to your greatness. If you’re not great in life, you’re the only possible cause; it’s neither the devil nor anyone on the surface of the planet earth.
- Don’t take any opportunity for granted: Don’t see any opportunity as too small to make use of; many are looking for such an opportunity to make them great in life. That money you’re seeing as small is the total capital some are looking for to start a very great business. That person you meet is a personality some are looking for to climb his/her shoulder for a clearer vision and a better future.
- Use every opportunity wisely: Every opportunity has a potential to make you greater and at the same time the power to make you lesser. Hence, be careful the way you approach any opportunity that surfaces. So far an opportunity can present itself in another form, the second time, does not mean you should treat it with levity when it first shows up.
- See everyone as a Potential Plus: It’s what you see in people’s life you can receive from them. If you make people know that they are very important and they have something to give to the world, you will be the first beneficiary of such gesture.
- See Yourself as a Potential Plus: No matter the phase of life you’re in, see yourself as a plus. See yourself as someone that has something to offer to the whole world, and start working at it. Don’t be blindfolded by your present predicament (if you’re at that phase of life).
Conclusion: You need to be relevant, and you can do it through your gift, mentality, and opportunity.
© 2017 Peter F. Adewumi
Photo Credit: Pixabay