Money is as old as humanity itself. Virtually, all the religion books made mention of money, for instance in a book called the Bible, God the father made mention of money to a particular rich man called Abraham (Genesis 17:12 – 13). In fact money was made mention of, many times in this Book of the Beginning. Without money you cannot buy anything (Genesis 42:25). This validates the fact that, money answers all things.
“A feast is made for laughter, and wine (there are non-alcoholic wines) makes merry: but MONEY ANSWERS ALL THINGS” (Ecclesiastes 10:19).
Money is very important in life! Lack of money is one of the major causes of all forms of atrocities in every part of the world. People terminate lives because of money, even some ‘pastors’ go to the extent of making some diabolical moves to get money. Money!
If you’ve worked hard to earn and gather a huge amount of money, does it not worth it to guide against its loss? Money is the answer to all things, yet it has wings.
“Will you set your eyes upon that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.” (Proverbs 23:5).
Besides the fact that many miscreants out there want to forcefully possess what is not theirs, money itself loves to be in liquid form, it wants to flow and circulate. It wants to keep one of its properties valid. Money loves changing hands; it is not easy to keep it, except you put some systems that will tie it down in place. Riches make themselves wing, and fly away as an eagle toward heaven. Money is an eagle! If you don’t want to lose your hard-earned money, you need to tie it down and also cage it. Double protection!
These are some proven ways your money can be tied down and also caged. These are Six (6) of them here:
1. Invest Your Money: There is nothing wrong in saving little by little, saving a little percentage of your money as it comes in. Meanwhile, when it grows to become a tangible amount, if you don’t invest it on time, you would spend it on what you don’t even plan for, that is why Robert Kiyosaki says, “Turn your earned income into passive income and/or portfolio income as quickly as possible.” Turn your money into assets, properties that can be used to generate more money. Invest mostly in what would bring return, if not daily, monthly. If otherwise, it is a risk. Notwithstanding, who ask you not to take the risk, but you have to be careful.
If you are an employee, you have to work in a very good place, let’s assume you are opportune and ‘engraced’ to have your own house, and your employer has a good pension scheme for you, well you are on your way to be wealthy, but you will have enough patience. Another plus concerning your own house is that, instead of a big and spacious 3-bedroom flat, you can make it a twin 3-bedroom flat or a twin 2-bedroom flat, this is being practiced in some parts of Europe, they don’t live in big houses, but small ones, while they enjoy their life to the fullest. It pays off, if you live in one, the other one can serve as a source of income. The income may be very small, but you will understand later that drops of water make an ocean.
2. Keep Your Money Rightly: Don’t entrust your money into the hands of others. Banks or Co-operative societies are there to save your money. In fact, you need to join a very good co-operative society. Though it may seem disadvantageous at the beginning, but there are goodies attached. Experience of the experts has proved that it’s a very good decision. Don’t give anybody your money, especially in cash, to transact a business on your behalf. Though there is an evidence of payment, yet, it’s even not advisable at all to transfer your money to anybody in the name of a ‘business partner.’ The right way to keep your money is through banks and co-operative societies, never take a huge amount of money home with you whether with or without the knowledge of others.
3. Buy Rightly with Your Money: Don’t buy what you just want, but only what you’re in dire need of. An expert recommends that whenever there is an urge to buy stuffs, don’t buy it that day, wait till some other days. If the urge is still there after some days, it translates to the fact that what you want to buy is not just a want but a need. However, this does not mean you should not buy in bulk.
4. Buy Foodstuffs in Bulk: Personally, from my own record of monthly expenditure, foodstuffs takes more money than all other expenditures including children school fees. You can buy some non-perishable foodstuffs like rice and beans (if you eat it at all in your country) for the whole year whenever it is very cheap, this saves you money in the long run. Perishable foods/goods should not be included, except you can preserve it from spoilage. Learn about adequate and effective storage of each foodstuff. For instance, I learnt from a colleague that beans can be stored in kegs. You fill the keg to the brim (this is a must), and you tightly cover the mouth, and any other opening. Beans can be stored in this way for a whole year without spoiling.
5. Don’t Lend Money to Anybody: This is not wickedness, and nothing, but the whole truth. Everyone including you and I should go to co-operative societies and banks to go into a good debt. Don’t you know there are good and bad debts? Good debt is money you owe to go into business like Real Estate, buying a machine that can produce and pay you daily or monthly, and many more. God might have blessed us to be a lender to all nations. Put your money in banks and co-operative societies as mentioned in number 2, and let every borrower (would-be servant) go there. You would surely share out of the interests charged the borrower. Don’t forget that every borrower is a servant to the lender, he/she works for the bank and you, until the money is paid back in full.
6. Start a Business: Start a business if you can. Many employees think that, when you ask them to start a business, you are asking them to resign their day jobs. This is not always true. If you don’t build a house with your money, one of some other ways to tie and cage your hard-earned money is to think of a business to do with it. For instance, I have had an urge to publish for a long time, and due to money, I couldn’t publish offline but online. Along the way, my boss admonished us to publish one day, and this led to publishing my first book offline, I spent a lot of money and efforts, and mind you the first sales did not bring any profit, but the process tied down the money and caged it. Money would want to fly, but products (like books) would want to change to money. Which one do you give preference to? Your money flying away, or the product you created turning to money? The choice is yours.
Whenever you start a business, you’re not just providing jobs and meeting needs, you’re curbing unemployment that, most times, leads to armed robbery, hired assassination, and all other vices faced in the societies of today. You’re giving life to people, and you are also preserving and prolonging your own life. Nobody wants his/her employer to die at all!
There are many ways to tie and cage the eagle (your money), employ them and take advantage of them to become wealthy. Best wishes and regards.
Do not hesitate to add any method you know, to multiply your money, in order to become wealthy in a godly way in the Comment Box. Thanks!
Photo Credit: Pixabay
© 2018 Peter Adewumi