In order to get out of the rat race (WORK, EARN, SPEND) fast, you need to work harder and smarter, and start minding your own business.
As you are working as an employee, minding your own business means building real assets.
Examples of Real Assets are:
1. Real Estate.
2. Apartment for Rents.
3. Business that do not require your physical presence (Big Business).
4. Small Business (Entrepreneurship). Entrepreneurship is identifying and exploiting business opportunities within the available market.
5. Intellectual Property (Royalty or profit).
7. Mutual Funds.
These assets can be summarized into 4:
(1) Business: 2 types are Big Business and Small Business (Entrepreneurship) (schools, restaurants, supermarkets, companies, creation of Books, Albums and all other physical and digital products).
(2) Real Estate & Apartment rentals,
(3) Paper Assets (Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Notes), &
(4) Commodities (Gold, Oil, etc.).
“The rich always groom the next generation to take over. Rich dad groomed Kiyosaki and Mike. Mike would later take over Rich Dad’s empire which included RESTAURANTS, CONVENIENCE STORES, & A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. Kiyosaki created his own empire with REAL ESTATE, NEW PRODUCTS, & EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS.”
Keep your day job first (don’t resign yet), but start minding your own business; and groom the next generation (especially your children) to take over the business thereafter.
Proverbs 13:22 – A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
© Peter F. Adewumi